BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Let the taper begin.......

On Saturday, I finished the LAST long long long run before the actual race. Denise decided to change things up a little and we didn't run our normal route in our neighborhood. Instead... we dropped off coolers of water and gatorade on a HILLY country road between Marble Falls and Burnet. (Me, Denise, Courtney, Mendy, Wendy, Aimee, and Sherry were all there for the fun!!) We ran about twelve miles there and ten miles back.... Then Torry came and found us and gave us a lift back to our car. We had some watch difficulties, but we are sure we ran 22.5 miles, but it might have been 23 or more. All the way home, we were running into the strongest head wind I have ever experienced. The wind was so loud that I could barely hear my ipod. I forgot my sunglasses, so I was using my visor to block the sun.... but the wind was catching it and blowing it back...... grrrr!!!
This was a crazy, hard, hilly, exhausting, WINDY, long, fun run that I'm glad is OVER!! :)
Now I can taper until the marathon!!