BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I know this probably happens to every parent..... but I REALLY wish I could have recorded the conversation that I just had with my boys for the last hour. Somehow we started talking about the internet and how I didn't have the internet when I was their age.


Kody wanted to know "how we looked up stuff on Google?"
I explained that there wasn't Google....... we had encyclopedia........


They couldn't FATHOM not having a Play Station 2. I told them that my neighbor had an Atari that I played every now and then. They were completely shocked. I wish I could have captured their expressions on their faces.

I had to explain the concept of no cell phones........
the fact that my Dad used to have a "car phone" that was bolted down to the car and this was 10 years before anyone else had a car phone. We thought we were sooo cool.


Before the cool cell phone........ we relied on a pager...

Anyway......... they went on and on about everything and were completely shocked by most things we talked about.
Ty asked me if I hated my life back then? Was I sad that we didn't have the internet and computers and my cell phone, etc.... haha!!
I told him I didn't even know about all of those things and I was having fun playing basketball, going to dances, hanging out with my friends, going to the movies, etc.

He said......... "Yall had movies back then!?!?!????"