BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm so excited to start my marathon training! I will want to talk about it on here, but don't want to bore everyone to tears! So, I decided I will just update about my training on Saturday mornings..... Officially I will begin on July 12th with a 3 mile run. And then each week I will add mileage to prepare for the race. I love running on Saturday mornings. Usually there aren't a lot of people out in the neighborhood (not many people leaving for work, etc) and it's a perfect day to do the longer type runs. Today I did 5 miles. I didn't wear a watch, I didn't have to stop for walking, and there was no pressure. Just a relaxing run. The whole time, I was thinking about all the marathon training I did about a year and a half ago. It got me really excited to start up again! I still want to use the Jeff Galloway method. Last time I did a 3/1 ratio.... 3 minutes running/1 minute walking.... but I think I want to use a different ratio this year. So, I will experiment with it as the mileage increases. .....so exciting.... =)